Thursday, June 01, 2006

Progress so far

Haven't written anything new for a long time largely due to procastination. GMAT prep has been going on slower than expected but I happy with the results so far. Here is a brief of what I have done so far.
VERBAL:
Critical Reasoning: have started working out problems in OG. Doesn't look too difficult although I did make few mistakes in first 35 questions.
Sentence Correction: Amazon.com took about a month to send my manhattan book.Like most test takers I want to take the guess work out of this section. Actually the book being late was a blessing in disguise. I reviewed my rusty grammar from this website. It was great since they had exercises and after completing it I felt stronger. Now when I am doing the manhattan book I feel that I have a reference that I can go back and refer.
Reading comprehension: Nothing as of yet.

Quantitative:
Have pushed my level of confidence in quant through series of practice lessons from gmatclub. I have been focusing on permutation, probability and number properties. I also bought the number property e-book from 4gmat.com My main worry and hence the focus of my preparation is towards beating the clock. I have been managing to complete the test so far. I gave a kaplan's paper based test and scored in the 99%ile: Lets see what happens.


I have previously made the mistake and also seen a lot of people make the same mistake of reading too many books, Kaplan, princeton OG etc. Honestly I don't know whether my strategy will work or not but I will not read a lot of material, but whatever I read I will try to perfect it so that I maximize my chances.
This weekend going to nice, France. Spring break time so should be nice.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deepak said...

If you scored a 99 percentile on the Kaplan you are doing a good job.

1:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello! I simply wish to give you a big thumbs up for the excellent info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your website for more soon.


GMAT Coaching in chennai
GRE Coaching in chenni

2:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am now not positive the place you are getting your information, but great topic. I must spend some time studying more or understanding
more. Thank you for wonderful info I used to be searching for this info for my mission.
GMAT classes in Chennai

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page